Part-Time Position Applications
Applications for part-time employment can be completed and submitted by clicking here.
Full-Time Position Applications
As full-time positions become open, they will be listed below, please follow the instructions listed within the job description.
Employee Background Investigation Policy Statement
It shall be a condition of employment with The Classic Center to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the results of the background investigation, which shall include, at a minimum, the following:
- A state and federal criminal history check covering a minimum of seven (7) years;
- A nationwide sex offender search
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork & Servant Style Leadership
- Event Coverage Guard
- Levy Restaurants Server
- Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
- Parking Attendant
- Parking Revenue Coordinator
Event Coverage Guard
Levy Restaurants Server
Job Type: Part-time
General Description: Levy Restaurants at The Classic Center is hiring. Come be a part of our family and grow in your knowledge of the restaurant world.
Typical work routine includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for serving, clearing and executing catering events held at The Classic Center.
- Set-up, breakdown and overall maintenance of all equipment used for each event.
- Must be dependable, hard-working and knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Must be able to follow directions, work well with others and have a professional manner while at work.
- 1-2 years of hospitality industry experience required.
Required Experience: 1 year in the hospitality industry
Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
JOB TITLE: Parking Attendant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for delivering company, client and customer satisfaction while using the parking deck. This position will be supervised by the Parking Operations Supervisor and Parking Manager.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Ensures guest satisfaction: assist visitors with entrance and departure of the facility
Collect payment upon entry for Event Parking and ensure cash matches report at the end of the night
Help keep the parking deck clean and report anything to the Parking Manager that would need to be repaired or changed
Help patrol parking deck in order to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property theft, report any incidents to the Parking Manager and Security immediately
Help hang signage and move barricades to direct flow and provide direction
Assist in resolving any issues or disputes regarding parking and notifying management when needed
Remain knowledgeable and communicate event schedule to guests
Remain a positive attitude and a high level of professionalism when approaching clients, co-workers, and supervisors
All other duties as assigned
Strong customer service skills and focus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to multi-task or work independently
Ability to react and problem solve quickly
Ability to understand and communicate company policies and procedures
Work schedule will vary depending on event schedule
License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to
Danny Bryant, Director of Arena & Ancillary Services
No phone calls, please
DEPARTMENT: Arena and Ancillary Services
JOB TITLE: Parking Revenue Coordinator FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This position has overall responsibility for a parking deck operation and is responsible for successfully overseeing day-to-day operations. This position delivers company, client and customer expectations by ensuring the location is operating in accordance to company policy.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in overseeing all operation functions of a parking facility including sales and maintenance
- Ensures client satisfaction: respond and handle client requests and issues in a timely fashion both verbally and in writing
- Assist with preparing a monthly calendar regarding high traffic dates and dates that cash will be collected upon entry, and upon approval, notify all appropriate individuals
- Understand all parking equipment, software, customers, and policies and procedures and monitor all revenue procedures and integrity of the systems including the creation of parking vouchers
- Oversee the distribution of parking cards to include, but not limited to employees, individual monthly parkers, business monthly parkers, and Classic Center Cultural Foundation members
- Trace parking contracted agreements to ensure contracts are current and rates are communicated to accounting
- Update monthly parker and football parking information, ensure monthly payments are processed, parking cards are shutoff due to nonpayment, and create client parking vouchers.
- Work with the Foundation to ensure all Board Members and Foundation Members have valid parking cards
- Prepare daily bank deposits and ensure all cash receipts are deposited daily into the facility’s bank account. Monitor office audits and cashier reports to maintain vigilance over possible employee theft and/or inefficiencies.
- Confirm a daily revenue report is sent to appropriate individuals the end of each shift
- Practice excellent communication and teamwork skills with your co-workers
- Deck monitoring and equipment maintenance/activity
- Recommend improvements to operations, procedures, and scheduling to the Parking Manager
- Ensure timely and accurate information flow between departments
- Ensure company vehicles are cleaned and a full tank of gas prior to use of vehicle
- All other duties as assigned
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience to lead, manage and motivate team members
- Strong customer service skills and focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task or work independently
- Ability to react and problem solve quickly
- Ability to understand and communicate company policies and procedures
- Work schedule will vary depending on event schedule. Parking Operations Supervisor must be able to have a flexible schedule including weekends and nights
- License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter at Employment Resume Submission page