Part-Time Position Applications
Applications for part-time employment can be completed and submitted by clicking here.
Full-Time Position Applications
As full-time positions become open, they will be listed below, please follow the instructions listed within the job description.
Employee Background Investigation Policy Statement
It shall be a condition of employment with The Classic Center to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the results of the background investigation, which shall include, at a minimum, the following:
- A state and federal criminal history check covering a minimum of seven (7) years;
- A nationwide sex offender search
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork & Servant Style Leadership
- Athens CVB Receptionist
- Event Coverage Guard
- Levy Restaurants Server
- Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
- Parking Attendant
DEPARTMENT: Convention and Visitors Bureau
JOB TITLE: Receptionist FLSA STATUS: Part-time; 10-15 hours per week
MUST BE AVAILABLE 2:30 - 5:00 P.M. MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
This position performs receptionist duties for the CVB staff, to include, but not limited to: responding to inquiries/requests for information, whether in-person or by phone/e-mail, including fulfillment. When necessary, take messages for staff. In addition, the receptionist will assist in performing secretarial duties as specified below. This position reports directly to the Executive Assistant.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Under the guidance of the Executive Assistant:
- Answers all incoming phone calls.
- Ensures that all inquiries (walk-in, telephone, email) receive prompt and courteous responses.
- Brochure area maintenance (back-up to information coordinator)
- Assist Executive Assistant
- Report generation
- Accounts payable
- Director’s calendar maintenance
- Director’s correspondences
- Travel arrangements
- Meeting notifications
- Meeting preparation
- Office supplies, orders and maintains
- Fiscal record maintenance
- CRM Entries
- Validate Parking Tickets
- Route incoming mail to appropriate staff
- Assist CVB staff with administrative duties when needed/when possible
- Assist with special projects as needed
Interested applicants should complete the online application by clicking here
Event Coverage Guard
Levy Restaurants Server
Job Type: Part-time
General Description: Levy Restaurants at The Classic Center is hiring. Come be a part of our family and grow in your knowledge of the restaurant world.
Typical work routine includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for serving, clearing and executing catering events held at The Classic Center.
- Set-up, breakdown and overall maintenance of all equipment used for each event.
- Must be dependable, hard-working and knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Must be able to follow directions, work well with others and have a professional manner while at work.
- 1-2 years of hospitality industry experience required.
Required Experience: 1 year in the hospitality industry
Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
JOB TITLE: Parking Attendant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for delivering company, client and customer satisfaction while using the parking deck. This position will be supervised by the Parking Operations Supervisor and Parking Manager.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Ensures guest satisfaction: assist visitors with entrance and departure of the facility
Collect payment upon entry for Event Parking and ensure cash matches report at the end of the night
Help keep the parking deck clean and report anything to the Parking Manager that would need to be repaired or changed
Help patrol parking deck in order to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property theft, report any incidents to the Parking Manager and Security immediately
Help hang signage and move barricades to direct flow and provide direction
Assist in resolving any issues or disputes regarding parking and notifying management when needed
Remain knowledgeable and communicate event schedule to guests
Remain a positive attitude and a high level of professionalism when approaching clients, co-workers, and supervisors
All other duties as assigned
Strong customer service skills and focus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to multi-task or work independently
Ability to react and problem solve quickly
Ability to understand and communicate company policies and procedures
Work schedule will vary depending on event schedule
License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to
Danny Bryant, Director of Arena & Ancillary Services
No phone calls, please