at The Classic Center
Downtown Athens, GA
Thank you for your interest in joining our STARS Volunteer Program at The Classic Center. Our events would not be possible without the generosity and commitment of our invaluable volunteer STARS. Our STARS are of all ages and from all walks of life. They share a desire to provide warm and gracious hospitality to patrons visiting our facility.
STARS serves the Athens community by assisting The Classic Center and Visit Athens at various events. STARS play many essential roles before, during, and after events, such as greeting patrons, processing tickets, answering general inquiries, seating patrons, and providing a sincere and fond farewell.
Benefits of the STARS Program
- Opportunities to watch popular shows and sporting events
- Personally impact visitors of Athens at events within our facility
- Fellowship with others who are passionate about serving the community
- Be pampered at our Annual Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Enjoy convenient access to our online volunteer portal
- Volunteers must serve at eight events minimum per season to remain active. If you are unable to complete the requirement, you will need to attend another orientation to regain access to the program.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. If a volunteer is under 18, they must always be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian. The minimum age allowed in the program is 16.
- Volunteers must have email and consistent internet access.
- Due to the nature of events, volunteering at The Classic Center may require long periods of standing, walking, and/or climbing stairs. The Classic Center is happy to make reasonable accommodations for volunteers with special requirements.
- Must be able to stay for the entire duration of the event.
Join the STARS Team: Application Process
After completing the online application form, your account is subject to review. Once approved, you will be contacted by The Classic Center’s House Manager, who will provide you with a background check authorization form and a liability waiver. Applicants are required to complete all of the following items to become active in the program:
- Waiver of Liability: This document outlines the nature of voluntary engagement with The Classic Center. In summary, it acknowledges your responsibility for behavior and general risks while volunteering at The Classic Center.
- Background Check: Background checks and personal information shared with the program in any way will be kept strictly confidential. Background check paperwork will be processed by The Classic Center’s Human Resources Department. Any concerns about the process or results should be directed to the Theatre Manager, who will confidentially work with Human Resources to determine appropriate advisement. Please note that not all incidents on background reports are grounds for dismissal from the program.
- Training Session: Upon completing the previous items, STARS must attend one of several training sessions. This training will further define safety measures, company culture, expectations, and personal conduct. All volunteers will sign a Policy Acknowledgment Form to confirm that you understand our policies and agree to abide. You will be notified of future training session dates.
We thank you for your interest in joining the STARS volunteer program. Please contact us at STARS@ClassicCenter.com if you would like to receive more information about The Classic Center STARS program or if you have any additional questions or concerns.
For UGA community service hours only, please contact Visit Athens at TourInfo@VisitAthensGA.com.
If you are looking to fulfill Athens-Clarke County community service hours, please call 706.208.0900