The Classic Center STARS Volunteer Program
Thank you for your interest in joining our STARS Volunteer Program at The Classic Center. Our events would not be possible without the generosity and commitment of our invaluable volunteer STARS. Our STARS are all ages and from all walks of life. What they share is a desire to provide warm and gracious hospitality to patrons visiting our facility.
STARS serve the Athens community by assisting The Classic Center and the Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau at a variety of events. STARS play many essential roles before, during, and after events such as greeting patrons, processing tickets, answering general inquiries, and seating patrons, as well as providing a sincere and fond farewell.
Benefits of the STARS Program
- Opportunities to watch popular shows and sporting events
- Personally impact visitors of Athens at events within our facility
- Fellowship with others who are passionate for serving the community
- Be pampered at our Annual Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Enjoy convenient access to our online volunteer portal
- Volunteers must serve at 8 events minimum per season to remain active. If you are unable to complete the requirement, you will need to attend another orientation to regain access to the program.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. If a volunteer is under 18, they must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian at all times. Minimum age allowed in the program is 16.
- Volunteers must have email and consistent internet access.
- Due to the nature of events, volunteering at The Classic Center may require long periods of standing, walking, and/or climbing stairs. The Classic Center is happy to make reasonable accommodations for volunteers with special requirements.
- Must be able to stay for the entire duration of the event.
Join the STARS Team: Application Process
After completing the online application form, your account is subject for review. Once approved, you will be contacted by The Classic Center’s House Manager who will provide you with a background check authorization form and a liability waiver. Applicants are required to complete all of the following items to become active in the program:
- Waiver of Liability: This document outlines the nature of voluntary engagement with The Classic Center. In summary it acknowledges your personal responsibility for behavior and general risks while volunteering at The Classic Center.
- Background Check: Background checks, as well as personal information shared with the program in any way, will be kept strictly confidential. Background check paperwork will be processed by The Classic Center’s Human Resources Department. Any concerns about the process or results should be directed to the Theatre Manager who will confidentially work with Human Resources to determine appropriate advisement. Please note that not all incidents on background reports are grounds for dismissal from the program.
- Training Session: Upon completion of the previous items, STARS are required to attend one of several training sessions offered. This training will further define safety measures, company culture, expectations, and personal conduct. A Policy Acknowledgment Form will be signed by all volunteers to confirm that you understand our policies and agree to abide. You will be notified of future training session dates.
We thank you for your interest in joining the STARS volunteer program. Please contact us at STARS@ClassicCenter.com if you would like to receive more information about The Classic Center STARS program or if you have any additional questions or concerns.
For UGA community service hours only please contact the Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau at tourinfo@VisitAthensGA.com. If you are looking to fulfill Athens-Clarke County community service hours, please contact Nate Koep at Nate@ClassicCenter.com.